Wednesday 9 April 2014

Thinking about print size and format...

I have recently started to think about the different ways in which i could display my work, I have been milling over a few different ideas and trying to figure out what would be best for my photographs. As my photographs are going to be close up macro shots i feel that the bigger the image the more detail will be seen so i want to go for prints that are of a decent size.

I was thinking about the size of my prints and was curious as to what my images would look like in square format rather than full frame, below are a couple of the images i have cropped to square format to see how they would work.






I actually really like the square format so it is something that i am still going to keep in mind whilst trying to figure out the right direction to go in.

I had some prints done for a feedback session in uni on Friday and the square format image is one that i have got done just to see what people think about it, i will use the feedback i get to help me decide on the right direction to go in.

I have also though about the possibility of getting metallic or peal prints done to make the colours in the images pop a little bit more and be stronger, like with deciding if i want the prints matt or glossy. These are all different things that i am actively thinking about and trying to decide upon in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment