Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Studium and myself

What I understand of the Studium -  it is about the general experience taken from a photograph, the interest and the intention of the photographer whom captured the photograph. The discovery of the camera operator, the location, the colour and the scene.

How it works alongside my photography;

My personal experiences play an important part in the meaning and reasoning behind all of the photographs that I capture, not just for this project but for all of the photography that i have done previously as well as all of the future work that I will undertake within the subject field. 

My interest with photography has always lay with nature and landscape. The is mainly due to the peace that I find within myself upon viewing these said scenes that I photograph. The majority of the time I have no idea what I am going to capture, it is just a matter of going out and seeing what it is that i come across on the journey i am taking that that particular time as an individual.

With my photography I want to get the point across to people that there is this natural beauty within the world. A beauty that is waiting there for people to discover and for them to be aware of. The small little details of the natural forms that are surrounding us on a daily basis, all of the things that are not so hard for us to pay attention to. And maybe, if people started to notice these little things they could have a better outlook on things and have a different point of view and a way of seeing the environment in which they live in.

The peace that I find upon seeing these different elements is something that I want other people to be able to be witness too. It just creates a little feeling of content when they are seeing the natural beauty of their surroundings. It is like uncovering a little hidden world that nobody really knows exists - especially when i use macro lens's so that I get all of the small details coming out of the form i am photographing.

When i think about it properly my process of taking photographs is a little bit different. I am not interested at all in creating test shots and doing test shoots to see what different things work. I never set up a scene in front of my camera, i simple work with what i have at that exact moment and capture what i can. I don't tend to take test shots, its simple a point and shoot thing for me, i don't over think what i am doing either, i sometimes come out with images and then when i look back at them i think more about what i was doing then, sometimes i come out with photographs that had no intention at the time of capture but later on they develop a full meaning and intention due to the different elements that are within the composition. But to put it simple i am not an over thinker and i just snap with the intention of creating happy, peaceful, meaningful and beautiful images that i want other people to see as beautiful in exploring the natural forms of the environment.Similar to this, and especially with this project I have been unsure about what i was going to find at the locations i chose to go to, this is both a good, and a bad thing. It is good because i have no expectation of the type of photographs that i want to come out with and i could be able to get some great shots that say exactly what i want them to say straight away. And it could be a bad thing purely because i don't know if i will be able to get successful or any photographs that go with my theme. I am practically going in blind as to what i am going to find.

I think that all of these points work towards shaping my photographs for this project. I have my own reasoning for every photograph that i capture and want to send a message along with each one, my work is about getting people to see the beauty of natural forms, allowing them to appreciate their surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment